ASPIRING LEADERS UNITED
Aspiring Leaders United (ALU), an affinity group of UWBCKR, envisions a community of emerging leaders with a powerful, intentional, engaged voice in philanthropic activities. The mission is to improve the lives of individuals in the Battle Creek and Kalamazoo region by engaging a new and upcoming demographic of leaders in philanthropy by giving, advocating and volunteering.
ALU hopes to engage passionate individuals under the age of 45. The following are the criteria need to initiate and maintain membership:
- A minimum contribution of $250 or 10 hours of volunteer service or a combination of the two annually. One hour of volunteer service is equivalent to $25.
- Attendance at a minimum of two ALU sponsored activities annually.
- Must live or work in the Battle Creek-Kalamazoo region.
- Access to ALU sponsored and organized volunteer opportunities.
- Access to a network of like-minded young professionals working in various industries.
- Opportunities to connect with the region’s top business and community leaders.
- Professional/leadership development training.
- ALU provides equal opportunities to all individuals for membership without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetics, income or employment status.
- Financial contributions and contributions of time are equally valued.
Chair: Jennifer Purucker- Ascension
Vice Chair: Travis Cree- Zoetis
Kylee Alvord- PNC
Meli Gilbert- Abraxas
Angela Myers- Battle Creek Community Foundation
Kat Olsen- DeNooyer Chevrolet & Metro Imports
Anna Oswalt- Battle Creek Community Foundation
Jason Pena- Old National Bank
Kevin Roschek- Schupan & Sons
For more information about Aspiring Leaders United, please email ALU@uwbckr.org.