Aspiring Leaders United (ALU), an affinity group of UWBCKR, envisions a community of emerging leaders with a powerful, intentional, engaged voice in philanthropic activities. The mission is to improve the lives of individuals in the Battle Creek and Kalamazoo region by engaging a new and upcoming demographic of leaders in philanthropy by giving, advocating and volunteering.
ALU hopes to engage passionate individuals under the age of 45. The following are the criteria need to initiate and maintain membership:
- A minimum contribution of $250 or 10 hours of volunteer service or a combination of the two annually. One hour of volunteer service is equivalent to $25.
- Attendance at a minimum of two ALU sponsored activities annually.
- Must live or work in the Battle Creek-Kalamazoo region.
- Access to ALU sponsored and organized volunteer opportunities.
- Access to a network of like-minded young professionals working in various industries.
- Opportunities to connect with the region’s top business and community leaders.
- Professional/leadership development training.
- ALU provides equal opportunities to all individuals for membership without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetics, income or employment status.
- Financial contributions and contributions of time are equally valued.
Thirsty for change? Aspiring Leaders United, in partnership with One Well Brewing and The Fire Hub, is proud to offer VolunBeer, a series of events that pair meaningful volunteer projects with social gatherings where participants can share their experience over food and drink.
- Chair: Travis Cree, Zoetis
- Vice Chair: Cameron Cummins, Rose Street Advisors
- Caroline Johnson, Stryker
- Dave Foster, Cherry Tree Financial
- Kylee Mullen, PNC
- Jason Pena, Old National Bank
- Jennifer Purucker, Ascension
- Kevin Roschek, Schupan & Sons
- Zanovia Tucker, Licensed Professional Counselor
- Kat Wolverton, DeNooyer Chevrolet & Metro Imports