The driving force behind United Way exists in the name: UNITED.
UWBCKR brings together donors, volunteers, businesses, nonprofits, faith-based, community leaders, government, experts, and those in need. Together we focus on challenges, set sound strategies and goals, and then tackle them at their roots… in a UNITED WAY.
Now we’re diving deeper to tackle the most pressing issues in Education, Income, Health and Basic Needs. Additionally, UWBCKR is committed to creating equitable opportunities and reducing racial and economic disparities.
Integrity, Engagement, Leadership, Accountability, Inclusiveness and Creativity.
- CHAIR: Todd McDonald, CSM Group
- VICE CHAIR: Stephanie Slingerland, Kellogg Company
- SECRETARY: Jonathan Byrd, Michigan Laborers’ District Council
- TREASURER: Rhonda Newman, Jansen, Valk, Thompson & Rheam
Board of Directors
- Anmar Atchu, The Hinman Company
- Becky Baldwin, Michigan Nurses Association
- Rev. Lenzy Bell, Northside Ministerial Alliance
- Cecily Cagle, Community Volunteer
- Terry Clare, Pfizer
- Don Coppo, Crossroads Church & Ministries
- Travis Cree, Zoetis
- Gabriel Giron, Kinetic Affect
- Ash Goel, MD, Bronson
- Dave Karnes, Eaton
- Kay Keck, PhD, Kellogg Community College
- James Liggins, Miller Canfield
- Kevin Lobo, Stryker
- Bob Miller, Western Michigan University
- Linda Miller, EmploymentGroup
- Steve Powell, PNC
- Carla Thompson Payton, W.K. Kellogg Foundation