Aspiring Leaders United (ALU), an affinity group of UWBCKR, envisions a community of emerging leaders with a powerful, intentional, engaged voice in philanthropic activities. The mission is to improve the lives of individuals in the Battle Creek and Kalamazoo region by engaging a new and upcoming demographic of leaders in philanthropy by giving, advocating and volunteering.
ALU hopes to engage passionate individuals under the age of 45.
To gain and maintain membership, individuals must:
- Live and/or work in the Battle Creek/Kalamazoo region
- Attend at least two United Way events per year
- Contribute at least $250 to United Way annually
OR Complete 25 hours of volunteerism annually
OR Contribute and volunteer for a total value of $250 annually (volunteer hours are valued at $10 per hour).
- Surprise swag!
- Complimentary entry to ALU VolunBeer events. Non-members are asked to make a $5 minimum donation per event.
- Access to at least one exclusive event per year.
- Automatic entry into quarterly lotteries for free entry into United Way Pop Up Giving events ($20 value) and professional development opportunities (like tickets to Catalyst University).
ALU provides equal opportunities to all individuals for membership without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetics, income or employment status.
Financial contributions and contributions of time are equally valued.
Thirsty for change? Aspiring Leaders United, in partnership with One Well Brewing and The Fire Hub, is proud to offer VolunBeer, a series of events that pair meaningful volunteer projects with social gatherings where participants can share their experience over food and drink.
Don’t miss our next VolunBeer event! Save the date for VolunBeer on Nov. 28, 4:30-6:30 p.m. Our volunteer project, TBA, will be followed by bites and brews at The Fire Hub at 175 S. Kendall St. in Battle Creek.
- Chair: Travis Cree, Zoetis
- Vice Chair: Cameron Cummins, Rose Street Advisors
- Caroline Johnson, Stryker
- Dave Foster, Cherry Tree Financial
- Andrew Michalowski, City of Battle Creek
- Kylee Mullen, PNC
- Katrina Reed, CSM Group
- Kevin Roschek, Schupan & Sons
- Zanovia Tucker, Licensed Professional Counselor