WHAT IS IT?
Your entry fee will be pooled to create a donation pot.
Eat Drink & Be Merry
Enjoy tasty bites, have a drink on us and be social.
Learn & Listen
Hear pitches from three local nonprofits.
You decide who gets the pot.
Feel great about the impact you made in just 60 minutes.
Pop Up Giving (PUG) events are happening quarterly at cool places around Battle Creek and Kalamazoo. Dates and locations will be announced here and on our United Way Facebook page.
Next PUG Event
- Date: July 31, 2018
- Time: 5-7 p.m.
- Cost: $20
- Theme: Equity, Diversity and Inclusion
- Location: The Fire Hub, 175 S. Kendall St., Battle Creek
HOW DO I…
Nominate a Nonprofit?
Each PUG event focuses on a United Way impact area: Education, Income, Health or Basic Needs. Themes will be announced and nominations will be solicited on the United Way Facebook page before each event.
Host a PUG Event?
We can take the show on the road and bring a customized Pop Up Giving event to you! To share the PUG experience with your colleagues or friends, send us an email and we can get started.
Become a Sponsor?
Your company or foundation can maximize the impact of Pop Up Giving AND increase visibility for your organization. Sponsorships ensure quality programming, provide experience enhancements, and generate matching dollars. Contact us for more information about the various sponsorship packages available.
See More Photos?
Follow our United Way BCKR Facebook page to see PUG announcements, updates and results. Click the dates below to check out photo albums from each event
- June 6, 2017: 4Dad, Family and Children Services, YWCA Kalamazoo
- Sept. 12, 2017: Educating for Freedom in Schools, SLD Read, The Haven
- October 26, 2017: Charitable Union, First Congregational Church, Women’s Co-Op
- December 5, 2017: First Day Shoe Fund, Food Bank of South Central Michigan, Kalamazoo Drop-In Child Care Center
- March 27, 2018: Kalamazoo Neighborhood Housing Services, Ministry with Community, Youth Opportunities Unlimited
- June 12, 2018: Community Healing Centers, Douglass Community Association, YMCA of Greater Kalamazoo.